Search This Blog

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Dance in Question

With my new commitment to the exercise routines that I am doing most mornings with the "Insanity" DVD to condition my cardio- and muscular-self, I am finding dance. Today after my workout, I was warmed up and moving, so it felt good to turn on some dance music and move my body in a coordinated expressive fashion after the boot-camp style workout of Shaun T. This morning I woke up being in the question of how I share myself. Do I show myself deeply? Do I share myself fully and honestly? Do people get to see the depth of the questions, passions and emotions in my life? Do they get me? I decided to dance in that question. I danced 3 times to a favorite punjab indian song... I felt graceful, strong, coordinated, natural and like a dancer. I felt true, beautiful, divinely connected and energized... like I was breaking through an outer shell that gets thicker as I sit at my desk job. It hit me suddenly - something threw the message at my heart and it hit it hard - I am a dancer. I cried - a big block felt cleared in my awareness. I should have known this more in my full consciousness. Why did I not choose to see this before? I have known in the back of my consciousness that I am a dancer and love to express in dance. My mom used to ask me to dance in the living room for her and her friends when I was very young. This morning I envisioned doing an expressive improv dance piece and recording it on video. Thank you to my friend Vrinda for inspiration. I watched this video last night of her dance... I resonate so with Indian music. It was the punjab song that helped me fully express to open up to feeling like a dancer. I am exploring and it feels brave... exploring the morning's question and exploring the dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment